Thursday, February 02, 2006

Koh Phi Phi

We were up early today to get picked up to go to the harbour and catch a large cruiser for a day trip to Koh Phi Phi. Lot of people of all races, shapes and sizes.

The first leg of the journey was about 2 hours. Then we transferred to a smaller boat to go snorkelling. I cannot snorkel because of wearing contacts (well at least I am always afraid of losing them so I don't take the chance!!) Sash did though and although she said there were some nice fish, she didn't think it compared to snorkelling in Hawaii or Cuba (she has done both!!)

After snorkelling, we went the next leg of the journey to our final destination - Koh Phi Phi, where we had lunch and about an hour to look around the beach where we docked. Sasha and I had our picture taken in the water at the spot where the tsunami hit in December 2004 - a very sobering location. There is a memorial set up there too. Hard to believe that 13 months ago, many thousands of people lost there lives right there on that beach (as well as many other locations and countries). They were vacationing just like we are and without any warning were swallowed up in a massive wall of crashing destructive water - nature's fury!! UNBELIEVABLE!! Thankfully, we had a beautiful, hot, sunny day to enjoy the beach!! In fact, we both got a little "fried" but that's what sun holidays are for. We do use sun protection too!! After lunch and free time, we boarded the ship again to return to Phuket. All in all a great relaxing day with plenty of time to chat.

So far, Sash and I have both said that although Thailand is beautiful, there are many beautiful places in the world and we both have the bug to "keep travelling"!!

At the end of the journey, I will try to get my pictures downloaded and put them up here. If all else fails, I will certainly do it when I get back to Korea.

In the midst of this holiday, I have learned that my Mom is very low and so I will be returning home to see her in a couple of weeks. I am reminded of the verses in Ecclesiastes that says "to everything there is a purpose...a time to be born and a time to die........" Mom has lived a good long life and I hope and pray that God will keep her alive long enough for me to see her before she goes to be with Him. What better place could there be for her to go to!! No earthly place compares to heaven!!

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home