Friday, July 14, 2006

Bethel, Bible Study and Bye bye Rachel

I've had the privilege to attend Bethel Church in Gwangju and be part of the English Worship Service since being in Korea. It is a small but enthusiastic group of Korean and Foreigner believers. The Bible tells us "where 2 or 3 are gathered there am I in the midst of them". Although the numbers are few, the worship and love for the Lord is felt every Sunday. The Korean Nationals really welcome the foreigners with open arms. Kindness and generosity are 2 of the many wonderful qualities of the Korean people and they are exemplified at this church.

I've had the honour of singing on the worship team with Shelby (Korean) and Rachel (my new buddy from Edmonton....actually Leduc, Alberta) and occasionally saying the intercessory prayer.

The group that leads this English Worship Service including another fellow Canadian..Perry Broe who is the lay minister....has a heart to reach out to the foreign community in Gwangju as well as encourage the nationals to come and listen, speak, sing and worship in English. They are doing a great job.

On the 18th of June we had a farewell service for Rachel who led worship and preached many Sundays. Rachel has an amazing voice and piano playing gift that she loves to use to worship God. I was privileged to sing with Rachel on the worship team, as a duet and even in one of the prisons in Gwangju (talked about in another installment of this BLOG). Bethel (and I) will really miss her!! (but I'm going to visit her in Leduc....after all I haven't ever been to the West Edmonton mall....one thing I HAVE to do before I die!!)

Rachel also led a Bible Study that I attended periodically. It was a small group that met at Jon and Emily's apartment in Gwangju but we always had a good time of studying various portions of the Bible. Our last time together, we each wrote down some questions that we had about our faith, the Bible, etc.....anything that was a mystery and then we tried to answer them, to one degree or another, as a group.....very enlightening.

Please enjoy the pictures....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home