Thursday, July 13, 2006

Gwangju International Centre Field Trip

This was my first GIC trip that I went on since being in Korea and it was GREAT!! The GIC is a centre for foreign residents which is run by Koreans especially a lot of volunteers. They have weekly talks on various subjects and monthly trips such as this one trying to help foreigners learn more about Korea and just generally get acclimatized. They also provide Korean language lessons for a nominal fee.

Field trips in Korea are usually jam-packed with activities and this one was no exception. It started off with a 2 hour bus ride to the Nakan Folk Village near Suncheon (see pictures below), then another hour to drop some of us off to go biking (I opted for the more relaxed bike ride) while the braver souls drove another hour to do paintball. I decided I would forgo the frivolity of paintball because, from what I hear, people get maimed and some of this group met with bruises and welts.

This was a great way to meet new people....both foreigners and Koreans. Some of us ended the day with a great meal at Outback Steak House.

All in all a FUN day!! (This took place June 17....sorry I am so long writing about it!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home