Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas from Yeonggwang

I have been in Korea just over 4 months now. This is my first Christmas away from home, Shawna, Timmy, other family and friends. I have to say I have had my sad moments but, as always, I try to make the best of it.

It is Christmas Eve as I write this and I am "home alone". I had an opportunity to go into Gwangju and go out for dinner with one of my Korean friends from the church I have been attending but I decided I should experience a Christmas Eve ALONE. So, I got up this morning, wrote lots of emails and then watched some TV. Then I went to work out (actually walking on the streets in Yeonggwang is a work out in itself. They are just now getting the snow removed from the streets - using bulldozer diggers and dump trucks - as well even the police were out with plastic shovels shovelling. I even saw one man 'shovelling' with a dust pan. I've seen it ALL!!). After my work out, I went to my favourite restaurant in Yeonggwang 'Pizza Club' and had spaghetti, then rented 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' - have seen it before, very funny!! Took a taxi home to avoid breaking my neck. Settled down to watch the movie - it is SO FUNNY!! I knew that there was some special programming on TV tonight so that is what I am doing from 6:30 - whenever.

Tomorrow I will open my gifts then go into Gwangju to church, out for Korean lunch and then to see 'King Kong' - not my choice!! and then to one of the foreigner's house for TURKEY!! YEAH!! Back home to Yeonggwang in the evening, hopefully to get some phone calls from HOME!!

Monday, I am back at school for 3 more days. No rest for the wicked!! Winter vacation starts on Thursday, I think..........the date keeps changing. 2 weeks of Winter Camp and then THAILAND - January 25 - February 9. Whew hoooooooo!!

That's it for now. Merry Christmas to ALL and to ALL a Goodnight!! Enjoy the pictures following.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home