Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas is coming!

Sunday was the third Sunday of Advent and I went to church. The message was about the 3rd candle that is lit for Christmas symbolizing JOY. I am reminded that as a child I learned that JOY represents J - Jesus O - Others Y - You. It is a nice reminder especially at this time of year when our thoughts ususally turn to others - family, friends and others less fortunate than us and of course, the birth of Jesus.

Christmas has really come to my place here in Yeonggwang as I bought a tiny artificial Christmas tree complete with decorations and lights and have it in my living room (see picture below). I LOVE Christmas!! - the lights, music, decorations, goodwill towards men & women. I have been listening to all day Christmas music on EZ Rock radio station over the internet. Thank goodness for the internet. It makes the world very small. I can know what is going on at home while I am thousands of miles away. Fantastic!!

Well, I booked my flight to Thailand today. Sasha is coming over to meet me there on January 25. I can hardly wait. We're going to "wing it" in terms of where to go and what to see. I have a contact in Bangkok who says he can give us some information as to where to go, what to see, etc. My main goal is to get to the SUN!! It's COLD here in Korea. I've got to find a hot place to teach!!

Last night, I went to a dinner hosted by UNESCO which is a peace keeping promoting organization. There were many nationalities represented there and it was a most enjoyable evening with singing, dancing and eating - a good combination I think. I went by bus with my co-teacher Hyang Geum Lee. There are pictures following.

Today I was interviewed by KBS - a Korean TV station. They came to Yeonggwang English Town and interviewed some of the students and me to get our impressions of participating and teaching in English Town. This was my second time being interviewed and videotaped for a TV station. A star is born - yah, right!!

Well, I have included a conglomeration of pictures that include Halloween, Christmas parties and parts in between. ENJOY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home