Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Time Flies!!

I can hardly believe it but as of this past Sunday I have been in my apartment for 1 month and I left Canada for Korea 6 weeks ago today. Time surely does fly!!

I meant to write this on Sunday after I had had the bus ride of a lifetime. I was going to entitle it "Ride 'em Cowboy!" This bus driver was a MANIAC. He was passing anyone and everyone, blaring his horn all the while, flying over speed bumps, slamming on his brakes - I had doubts we would make the 1 hour bus ride but since I am writing this now, obviously we made it. Hopefully, I won't have to endure too many of those.

Life here in Korea continues to be a journey. Every day is different. I have now graduated to being comfortable to take the bus into Gwangju by myself which I did yesterday to go to an acupuncturist about my "tennis elbow" (for lack of a better word). This malaise started about a month before I left Canada and has continued to plague me, so on the recommendation of a fellow Canadian here, I have been to see Dr. Han who practices Chinese medicine including acupuncture and gives me the most nasty tasting "tea" to drink. YUCK!! I'm hoping that this will be a swift healing process because I am not sure which is worse, feeling like a human pin cushion or having to hold my nose to swallow this horrid tasting concoction. This too shall pass!!

Teaching continues to be a challenge - what with schedules constantly changing, holidays,and the lack of motivation of many of the students, sometimes I just want to throw my hands up and say "what's the use". HOWEVER, I am not a quitter and anyway, Shawna wouldn't let me quit even if I wanted to because I never let her quit when she wanted to (right Honey!!) Sheilagh keeps telling me that it takes time to get into the groove and get your stride. So, I take encouragement from the pro!!

We have another holiday this coming Monday (October 3) and I am considering taking a short trip maybe to Jeju Island which is supposed to be very beautiful. It is right off the south end of the peninsula (get out your atlas!!) Hopefully, I can find someone to go with me.

Well, there's not too much else to tell at this juncture. So I will bid you all adieu!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home