Thursday, September 22, 2005

More pictures

Yesterday was the official opening of English Town in Yeonggwang. It is a "mock" town set up in the elementary school where students will come and learn English vocabulary and conversation in various locations e.g. airport,home, hospital, store, fast food restaurant, etc.

The "powers that be" had a TV crew come and they took some footage of me with the kids. Apparently they aired it this morning and a few of my kids said they saw me on TV. A star is born!! This town is for students who are at a higher level of English which is a good thing because most of the kids I teach are at a very low level. Sometimes I feel like I am hitting my head against a wall because it seems like I am not getting through. Today with one of my classes, I sat down and refused to continue until they settled down. They are really cute and got very apologetic but it is frustrating considering the fact that they really don't understand and need to be paying attention. In their defense, I guess it's hard to pay attention when you don't know what the geek at the front of the room is saying!! I guess it can only get better. Hopefully!

Thought I would include some more pictures - not necessarily in any order.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home