Monday, August 29, 2005

First Day At School

Monday, August 29, 2005

Well, it finally arrived.........1st day at school - Yeonggwang Girls' Middle School.
I met the Principal and the other teachers including 3 other English teachers (besides my co-teacher Mrs. Jo). There was a staff meeting and I was introduced and then had to introduce myself which I did "in Korean". It's amazing how you can impress the heck out of them by just trying a few Korean phrases. Apparently they are very impressed and appreciative of foreigners speaking Korean. So.........onward and upward.

Then I was taken to the Student Assembly and was introduced again and I did the same with them. I got applause!!

The girls are really cute. Boy, they know how to keep those girls in line. They are responsible for cleaning the classrooms and for one of the Phys. Ed. classestoday, I saw they were out pulling weeds. Hey, you U of T Phys. Ed. teachers, you should try that with your students!!

I start at the High School tomorrow (Tuesday). Apparently I teach 6 out of 7 classes on Mondays at the High School. That seems a bit much but we shall see!!

Well gotta run. Almost time for bed.

Ciao.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Hey there big HB! Glad to here your first day went well! My schedule may seem light, but each teacher workshop is 2 hours long, so that puts me at 21 hours per week. Actually, I had my first teacher workshop this morning and guess how many teachers (out of 8) showed up?? NO ONE!
So yeah, I just kinda hung out this morning...can't complain :D

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home