Tuesday, November 29, 2005

First Sunday of Advent

Wow, just writing that is scary. It's getting very close to Christmas. Have you got your shopping done?? OK, started?? My shopping is very minimal this year - just a few little things that will be easy to mail. Sorry if you were expecting some "honkin'" big gift from Korea from me. Ain't gonna happen!!

I went to Bethel Church in Gwangju on Sunday (November 27) and my friend Perry (female) gave the message. She started a series on the 4 Sundays of Advent. She lit a candle to represent HOPE which is the first message of the Christmas season. Jesus came into the world to bring a lost world HOPE of eternal life to all those who believe. She had the children come to the front and let a few of them hold the lit candle (she's a brave woman!!). She said that next week we would have 2 candles and the second one would represent PEACE (I think).

I LOVE Christmas and am very sad that I will not be home with my family and friends for that very special time of year. Although I LOVE getting gifts (and giving them too!), the season is so much MORE than the gift giving. But the gift giving reminds me of God's unspeakable, perfect Gift that He gave to the world in the person of Jesus, Emmanuel - "God with us". The HOPE, PEACE, JOY and LOVE that He personifies is what I will concentrate on this Christmas while I am here and away from family and friends. Eat a little extra turkey and pumpkin pie for me, will you??

This afternoon I went into Gwangju to get my Multiple Entry Visa from the Immigration Office (about $50 Cdn) so that I can travel on my winter vacation. I am planning to go to Thailand for another adventure. Can hardly wait. More about that later as plans materialize.

That's all for now. Gobble, gobble!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home